Official List of Job Openings
Please be aware of phishing attempts. The official list of Metraflex job openings are listed below. The only legitimate email domain for The Metraflex Company is "@metraflex.com". If you applied to any position through our website, LinkedIn, or other job posting sites, you will receive communication from this email domain ONLY. If you have any questions please call.See Open Positions
Why Work With Us
401(k) w/ Company Match
Join our Team!
The Metraflex Company is a dynamic, growing company. We take pride in our organization, products, and our employees. The minute you start working here, you become an important part of our organization. Join the Metraflex team today!
General Laborer/Assembler Chicago, IL
- Assemble various sub-assemblies to print and worksheet specifications.
- Experience with operating heavy machinery including forklifts and hand jacks.
- Proficient in use of various hand tools including drills, air tools, etc.
- Interface with fellow employees to accomplish goals.
- Use of scanners to pick inventory for jobs.
- Record labor time in computer.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with being a team player.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Metal working machinery experience a plus
Inventory Control Specialist Chicago, IL
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for providing various audits and data related to the inventory in our warehouse. Other processes within inventory such as, receiving, cycle counts and reporting, both internally and to management.
- Assist unloading and receiving of products
- Audits inbound and outbound loads
- Performs cycle counts and aisle audits, and identifies and corrects inventory discrepancies
- Review and report external/internal errors, cycle count and correct inventory (mis-ships, overages, shortages)
- Looks into recurring issues to help determine root cause
- Responsible for return to stock process (found product)
- Execute quality hold process
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties in a safe and timely manner
Job Qualifications – Required
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Operates material handling equipment(Sit down/stand up forklift etc.)
- PC Experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Previous AS400 and/or warehouse management systems (WMS) experience preferred
- Basic math and reading skills necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve work-related issues
- Detailed oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks in fast moving environment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
Sales Manager/Product Manager (Inside) Chicago, IL
Metraflex has Sales Manager/Product Manager position available for a reliable, smart, and dedicated team member.
Metraflex is a manufacturer that has been supplying piping specialty products to the commercial Fire Safety, HVAC and Plumbing industry since 1958. Metraflex distributors selling their products across the country and around the world. The Sales Manager position will have a working knowledge of the Metraflex product offerings, and be able to make product recommendations based off individual application requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate among departments and external suppliers to meet project deadlines
- Work effectively in a high paced environment
- Provide product training to distributors, designers & engineers
- Maintain good relationship with distributors & vendors
- Responsible for generating & updating prices
- Keep up with market intelligence (SWOT)
- Attend all relevant trade shows
- Attend NFPA Hanger & Bracing meetings
- Research new distributors
- Continuous distributor & designer education
- Help keep web site current
- Coordinate vendor deliveries to meet deadlines
- Maintain UL & FM relationship at all listed locations
- Manage new product approval by FM & UL
- Handle special project pricing
- Resolve distributor issues
- Suggest improvements
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features and products
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients
- Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement
- Continue open communication within the Sales department
- Qualifications and Skills
TIG Welder Chicago, IL
We are looking for skilled TIG Welders to cut and join metals and other materials at our manufacturing facility. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is essential as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential. We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
- Experience welding to ASME Section 9 standard
- Familiarity welding open root schedule 40 pipe
- Familiarity with MIG welding is a plus
- Ability to select equipment, plan layout, assemble and weld
- Ability to apply knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding technique
- Must be able to lift and move up to 20-60 lbs.
- Must be able to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must be able to effectively work off drawings/templates/specifications
- Must be able to accurately verify quality and quantity of piping products
- Must be able to position, align, and fit components together
- Professional welding training – preferred
- High school diploma – minimum
- Basic reading and writing skills
- High motivation
- Strong attention to detail
Warehouse Clerk, Distribution Chicago, IL
Receives inbound goods, unloads trucks, performs inspection as required, puts-away, picks items for orders, packs, wraps and labels for shipment using handheld scanner. Completes appropriate paperwork for receiving, stock locating, and shipping. Other duties including basic housekeeping.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Distribution
- Receives and inspects external packaging of all incoming shipments. Documents any apparent shipping damage.
- Scans inbound goods and routes to receiving inspection area.
- Receives and process returned goods shipments.
- Receive foreign and domestic stock. Put into appropriate receiving area or warehouse location
- Receive Truck Shipments
- Receive Package Deliveries (UPS, etc.)
- Receive Container Shipments
- Receive Returned Goods (RMA’s)
- Inspect products per requirements
- Keep areas designated for picking/packing/staging clear of other items
- Maintain order in warehouse
- Replenishes shelves with stock
- Dispose of obsolete items in warehouse per management direction
- Cycle count stock as required
- Advise purchasing when supply items are low
- Check and maintain exterior areas of grounds
- Paint, clean, or touch-up stock when required
- Open/Close Gate
- Garbage Pickup
- Sweep and Clean-up dock and packing areas
- Performs other duties as necessary or as requested by Distribution management.
- Picks finished products. Wraps and packs in containers as per required standards.
- Determines most cost efficient bundling of items, (i.e. palletizing or individual packages).
- Pick Truck Orders
- Pick Package Deliveries (UPS, etc.)
- Change or add labels to various products according to customer orders
- Pack and Advise Sales about Export Orders
- Pack Truck Orders
- Pack Package Delivery Orders (UPS, etc.)
- Handle (pick, pack, ship) Will Call Orders
- Process small package orders using UPS Worldship System
- Close out UPS Worldship System at end of day
- Occasionally stay late for late running truckers
Warehouse Supervisor Chicago, IL
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities
- Achieving high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organizing and maintaining inventory and storage area
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities. You will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Troubleshoots any warehouse problems; assures that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained for efficient warehouse processes; reports any process or equipment problems to Warehouse Manager.
- Receives and inspects external packaging of all incoming shipments and product as required (particularly flanges and rubber products). Notifies delivery personnel of any apparent shipping damage and proceeds accordingly. Reviews incoming packing lists, logs and routes to receiving inspection area and appropriate storage locations (Stock shelves).
- Maintain order in warehouse. Keep areas designated for picking / packing / staging clear of other items. Dispose of obsolete items in warehouse per management direction.
- Coordinate with employees on accurately and efficiently of product orders, being picked and packed per required standards. Determines most cost-efficient bundling of items, (i.e. palletizing or individual packages). Prepares packing lists, bills of lading and other shipping documentation as necessary. Loads trucks for delivery.
- Performs loading and unloading of delivery trucks. Limits access to premises and warehouse by unauthorized individuals.
- Assists in inventory control by counting stock when required. Advise purchasing or Warehouse Manager when stock or supplies are low.
- Performs other Shipping/Receiving/Warehouse duties as required.
Interested in applying for a position at Metraflex? Please fill out the form below and attach at least one of the necessary documents.