Rubber Expansion Joint
The Mightysphere™ is the joint in the Metrasphere™ family that can handle higher temperature and pressures. These higher ratings are a result of enhancements we have made to the materials in the Mightysphere. The Metraflex MightySphere™ joint differs from standard…
The Mightysphere™ is the joint in the Metrasphere™ family that can handle higher temperature and pressures. These higher ratings are a result of enhancements we have made to the materials in the Mightysphere. The Metraflex MightySphere™ joint differs from standard EPDM expansion joints by integrating Kevlar® cording instead of nylon reinforcements, peroxide-cured EPDM cover and tube, and the seat is anchored with a solid steel ring.
The Mightysphere is most commonly used as a pump or equipment connector. It can also be used as an expansion joint if EJMA guidelines are followed. Control rods are optional but recommended.
- The Mightysphere still includes all the value of the Metrasphere:
- Reduces pipe stress in your system.
- Features Floating flanges to make up for companion flanges that are not properly two holed.
- Handles movement in all directions.
- Does not require a gasket.
- See tables for maximum temperature and pressure ratings.
MODEL MSDKSEE, KEVLAR REINFORCED
Single MightySphere™ Data
|Joint Size ID (in)||Face-To-Face (in)||Pressure vs Temperature||Movement Capability|
|170°F||190°F||210°F||230°F||250°F||Compression||Elongation||Lateral||Angular (degrees)||3D Drawing|