Rubber Expansion Joints
The double Mightysphere is more of a good thing. It can handle more movement than the single Mightysphere while delivering all the advantages. Just like the single version, the Double Mightysphere can handle higher temperature and pressures than the standard…
The double Mightysphere is more of a good thing. It can handle more movement than the single Mightysphere while delivering all the advantages. Just like the single version, the Double Mightysphere can handle higher temperature and pressures than the standard Doublesphere. These higher ratings are a result of enhancements Metraflex has made to the materials in the Mightysphere. The enhancements include: Kevlar® cord reinforcements replace nylon reinforcements; The EPDM cover and tube are peroxide cured; The seat is anchored with a solid steel ring.
The Double Mightysphere is most commonly used as a pump or equipment connector. It can also be used as an expansion joint if EJMA guidelines are followed. Control rods are optional but recommended.
- The Double Mightysphere still includes all the value of the Doublesphere.
- Reduces pipe stress in your system.
- Features Floating flanges to make up for companion flanges that are not properly two holed.
- Handles movement in all directions.
- Does not require a gasket.
- See tables for maximum temperature and pressure ratings.
Double MightySphere™ Data
|Joint Size ID (in)||Face-To-Face (in)||Pressure vs Temperature||Movement Capability|
|170°F||190°F||210°F||230°F||250°F||Compression||Elongation||Lateral||Angular (degrees)||3D Drawing|