Seismic BreakAway Hanger
The Seismic BreakAway Hanger is another Metraflex innovation that makes the toughest seismic applications work. The Seismic BreakAway Hanger will support your seismic device (Metraloop, V-Loop, or Dog Leg) until a seismic event. During a seismic event the SBH is…
The Seismic BreakAway Hanger is another Metraflex innovation that makes the toughest seismic applications work.
The Seismic BreakAway Hanger will support your seismic device (Metraloop, V-Loop, or Dog Leg) until a seismic event. During a seismic event the SBH is will release and allow the seismic device complete freedom of movement. After the seismic event you can simply reset the pin (inspect the seismic device) and you are ready for the next seismic event.
Why you need a Seismic BreakAway Hanger.
- Hanger rod is to short. The hanger rod for a seismic device needs to be two times the seismic movement or a minimum of 12” long. If the hanger rod is to short, it will act as a trapeze during a seismic event causing the seismic device to hit the structure causing damage to both seismic device and structure.
- A common installation for a seismic device is to support the seismic device from one side of the seismic separation. This will result in one leg of the seismic device to be overloaded while the other side remains static. With the Seismic BreakAway Hanger, both legs of the seismic devise will work evenly, they way they were designed.
- Any seismic device installed vertically will require a Seismic BreakAway Hanger, otherwise the seismic device could be pulled apart in a seismic event.
- Ensures free movement of the seismic joint during seismic event
- Can be reset after seismic event
- Cable tether available when needed
- Available in different weights and are sized per loop.
- Noncorrosive body insures long life.
Seismic Breakaway Hanger
Metraflex Seismic BreakAway Hanger Sizing Chart
|Loop Size||Loop Movement|